Home > Columns > CRM Columns
10 Useful Customer Service Techniques that Will Make Customers Love You
Contributed Article by Wanda Lafond
Customers are your business’ lifeblood and you should ensure you know how to service them the right way to keep them coming back for more. The issue is that keeping customers happy and satisfied all the time is challenging nowadays. Discover the best customer service techniques to help you solve the problem and make your customers love you.
If you run a business, you know that customer service is key. Unfortunately, not all businesses are created equal when it comes to customer service. Some are downright terrible, and it can be hard to get your customers back. If you want to keep your customers happy and loyal, you need to invest in good customer service techniques. Let’s look at the top ten customer service techniques that will make your customers feel loved and appreciated.
Great Customer Service Tips to Improve Your Customer Satisfaction
To be successful in eCommerce, you must put in a lot of work. Attracting new customers and keeping them loyal to your brand is difficult, but it is well worth the effort.
Not every company can do it, and it is an exciting opportunity for you to surpass your competitors and achieve even greater levels of success. And the best customer service tactics will assist you in doing so.
#1. Be Authentic in Customer Interactions
Being authentic will allow your customers to see how much you care about them and the relationship that exists between you two. It builds trust and strengthens the connection between the two of you.
It creates a positive feedback loop where customers are more likely to return and recommend your products or services to their friends. Here is how to be authentic:
- Be transparent. Let your customers know what is going on behind the scenes, share relevant information that might help them understand better what they buy or use;
- Listen carefully. Pay attention to what your customers say and reply with respect. Avoid making assumptions or giving patronizing answers because it will frustrate people;
- Be prompt and responsive. When something goes wrong, be quick to resolve it as best as possible. It will build trust between you and your customer;
- Treat customers with respect. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and with respect, no matter their age, gender, or nationality.
#2. Manage Customer Expectations
Your customers have certain expectations about how you will treat them. Familiarize yourself with them and manage them well to create a positive customer experience. Here are some examples of what customers might want:
- Customers expect timely responses from your team;
- They want quality products that meet their needs;
- Customers want to feel valued and important, even when they are not spending money with you;
- They want to know how you will resolve any problems that may arise.
#3. Make it Easy for Customers to Get Help
Trying to solve a problem on their own can be frustrating to your customers, especially if it is something they are not very familiar with. So, you should provide clear and concise instructions on how customers can get help from your team when they need it.
- It will help curb the number of complaints and support requests and make customer service easier for everyone involved. For example:
- If a customer needs assistance logging in or using their account, provide step-by-step instructions on how to do so;
- If a customer has trouble using his order, provide clear directions on what he needs to do to get his purchase processed;
- If a customer has questions about his account or billing, be sure to have detailed explanations available for him.
#4. Offer Omnichannel Support
As customers become more accustomed to using various technologies and platforms, your business should offer omnichannel support. It means you should be available in different ways, whether through phone or online chat so that your customers can get the help they need from whichever source is most convenient for them. For example:
- If a customer calls your business during regular operating hours, be sure to answer his questions;
- If a customer contacts you via email or social media, respond as quickly as possible.
#5. Treat Customers Like Royalty
When it comes to customer service, it is important to always treat your customers with respect. It means you should not belittle them or make them feel like they are inconveniencing you. Remember, they are the ones who have put their trust in you and deserve nothing but the best from your team.
#6. Learn How to “Manage” Distraught People
It can be tough to deal with upset customers, but you must be up for the challenge. You should be able to handle disappointment gracefully and provide support where needed. Here are some tips on how to do so:
#7. Treat Complaint Cases “Personally”
- Offer a sincere apology if something goes wrong;
- Explain what happened in as much detail as possible;
- Answer all questions the customer may have.
When customers file complaints, it can feel like they are attacking your business. Try to stay calm and avoid responding aggressively. Instead, take the time to treat their complaint “personally.”
It means you should listen to the customers’ complaints attentively, carefully assess the situation, and address the concerns they have. By doing so, you will show them that your business values customer feedback and takes it seriously.
If you deal with foreign customers, solving their issues may become a serious obstacle. Luckily, there are many writing services and some of the best translation service websites that may come in handy for the success of your business efforts.
#8. Create Memorable Customer Experiences
One of the best ways to boost customer loyalty and satisfaction is to create memorable experiences. You need to focus on offering your customers unique products or services and providing them with top-quality service. By doing this, you will guarantee that they will come back time and time again.
#9. Always Send Personalized Messages/Replies
When a customer contacts your team, you must send them personalized messages or replies. This way, they will always feel like you are taking the time to listen to them and address their concerns. It will help you build trust and improve customer satisfaction overall.
#10. Offer a Lenient, Straightforward Refund Policy
When a customer is unhappy with his purchase, it can be hard to take that criticism. To ease the pain and protect your business’ reputation, consider implementing a straightforward refund policy.
The customers should be able to return items without any hassles or questions asked. By doing so, you will not only appease dissatisfied customers but also build trust and loyalty among your followers.
As a business, you should provide excellent customer service. It entails being available whenever and wherever your customers require you to be, and being proactive and prepared to solve their problems as soon as possible. To meet your customers’ needs, you should be courteous and open. Start implementing the above-mentioned strategies to make your customers happy today and keep them coming back for more tomorrow.
Lafond Wanda is a professional content
writer, copywriter, content strategist, and communications consultant. She
started young with her writing career from being a high school writer to a
university editor, and now she is a writer on the professional writing platform
and creates content for the top
essay writing services — her years of expertise have honed her skills to
create compelling and results-driven content every single time.